- Exciting role to join a publicly traded Software as a Service client
- Role will focus on tech contracts and other commercial agreements
About Our Client
Publicly traded SaaS client.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
We are looking for a smart, motivated, self-starter attorney to join our growing global legal team. As Legal Counsel, you'll have an awesome opportunity to use your legal expertise to have a big impact on a rapidly growing SaaS company.
As a Legal Counsel, you will serve as a legal point of contact and provide legal support to our teams in the US. Your responsibilities will include:
- Primary responsibility supports our sales and review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements (license agreements, NDAs, vendor contracts, and partnership agreements), and ensure that all commercial agreements adequately protect the company's interests, improve processes, and increase scalability
- Advise and support the company's different departments such as sales, business development, customer success, human resources, finance, operations etc
- Manage corporate legal matters as well
- Manage multiple deals and support colleagues in the US, with sound business and legal judgment and a clear sense of company priorities
- Advise cross-functional leaders about relevant legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, intellectual property (IP) and company policies and procedures
- Keep up to date on legal developments that affect our industry and support future initiatives accordingly
- Provide general legal support to our US operations on an as-needed basis
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a US ABA-accredited law school OR LL.M.
- Admission to NY State Bar
- 3-6 years of experience dealing with commercial and technology transactions gained from either a top law firm's Tech Transactions Practice or in-house at a SaaS company
- Experience must include transactional expertise in software, data, complex licensing, outsourcing legal experience
- Experience with general corporate legal matters and ideally public company knowledge
- Experience supporting Sales and Customer Success teams important
- High-volume technology contracts experience, drafting and negotiating technology agreements, including, consulting services agreements, IT outsourcing agreements, software license and maintenance agreements, re-seller agreements, hardware purchase agreements
- Must have experience partnering directly with clients on a daily basis
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work autonomously
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Great benefits
- Hybrid working environment
- Additional perks