Exciting role with a global publishing company!
Role will focus on publishing law, trademark, copyright and privacy matters.
About Our Client
Our client is a global publishing company with a high profile legal team.
The Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including: data/IP licenses, agency agreements, client agreements, celebrity talent agreements, digital agreements, advertising agreements, marketing agreements, terms and conditions, vendor agreements, and software agreements
- Advise and counsel internal clients in reference to the planning, buying, and placement of traditional, mobile, social, and digital media, as well as the execution of digital marketing and custom content integration programs
- Counsel clients on intellectual property matters including copyright and trademark, and media-related matters including defamation, privacy, access and other First Amendment issues
- Conduct pre-publication review of non-fiction and fiction books and associated promotional materials
- Work on a variety of media related matters, including claims handling and litigation support
- Counsel and advise senior business leaders in a timely manner in regards to legal and business issues, including business risks, contract interpretation, and other issues·
- Assist the General Counsel on corporate governance issues and transactions, including mergers and acquisitions
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a US ABA-accredited law school
- Member of a the NY State Bar
- 3-6 years of relevant in-house law department and/or law firm experience (in-house experience is preferred)
- Significant commercial contract negotiation and drafting experience
- Must have experience with copyright, trademark and general IP issues
- Experience within the publishing industry is highly preferred
- Must be able to partner with the business in order to achieve favorable results
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proactive, team player with a can-do attitude
What's on Offer
Great benefits and compensation package.