Exciting opportunity to join a media company as a Legal Counsel - Privacy
Role will focus on privacy law, commercial contracts and IP matters
About Our Client
Global digital media company.
- Working closely with the General Counsel and other members of the legal team
- Providing legal and compliance advice with respect to content sites, social media, downloadable applications, mobile applications, mobile sites, digital media and traditional media properties
- Advising clients in a timely and effective manner in order to ensure compliance with all legal policies, procedures
- Advise clients on the following legal matters: data privacy, commercial law matters, marketing/advertising law, technology transactions, trademark and copyright
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of complex commercial agreements relating to the company's media properties, including application, and content development and distribution; business development; advertising deals; technology transactions; IP transactions; inbound and outbound licenses; online marketing transactions
- Draft consumer notices, intra-company agreements and contract terms, and negotiate data-related contract provisions
- Draft all privacy policies, terms of service, software and web documentation, EULAs, etc.
- Stay up to date on all privacy regulations, in both the US and EU, advising clients of any relevant changes
- Review business activities that collect, use, disclose, or dispose of data for compliance with law, policy, and best practices
- Develop training materials for internal clients
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a top ABA-accredited law school with excellent academic credentials
- 6-10 years of experience after law school, gained at a top law firm and in-house focused on a IP/IT, commercial and privacy legal matters
- Must be excellent at drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, as well as privacy polices, terms of service, etc.
- Experience advising clients on tech transactions, IP transactions, online advertising, data privacy, copyright, trademark and marketing/advertising law matters
- Admitted to the New York bar
- CIPP is highly preferred for this role
What's on Offer
Excellent base salary, bonus component and benefits.