Legal Counsel opening at Property Manager (Landlord)
Broad based role, advising on residential evictions and commercial leasing
About Our Client
Real Estate Developer and Property Manager with residential and commercial portfolio.
The Legal Counsel will report to the CEO and handle commercial leasing matters, real estate transactions pertaining to property management, residential evictions and all other legal matters for the company.
- Draft and negotiate retail leases and all related documents.
- Handle residential property acquisitions and dispositions.
- Draft and negotiate construction agreements, retail licensing, and development agreements.
- Draft and negotiate all acquisition, leasing, licensing, and auxiliary agreements.
- Negotiate with federal and local agencies with respect to approvals, easements, and benefits for developer's real estate interests.
- Draft and negotiate retail licensing agreements with New York City and State agencies, artists and other owners of intellectual property.
- Maintain and track all ongoing legal requirements for financings, leases, and intellectual property licenses.
- File and maintain intellectual property trademarks and copyrights on behalf of retail group.
- Create, maintain, and guide company with respect to legislative and administrative agency relationships.
- Manage outside counsel with respect to litigation and administrative proceedings.
- Guide company principals with respect to human resources and labor issues.
The Successful Applicant
- JD from a top US law school
- 5-10 years of experience total as an Associate at a law firm OR in-house real estate lawyer, ideally at a REIT or developer
- Experience dealing with retail leasing, complex real estate transactions, development and property management matters, litigation management and corporate contracts.
- Experience with acquisitions, dispositions, construction contracts and development agreements.
- Must have experience with the NYC real estate markets.
- Must have experience with residential eviction proceedings and managing outside counsel in litigation matters.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Additional in-house exposure to commercial contracts and employment matters considered a plus.
- Exceptional risk management skills with the ability to identify potential issues for the business
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, bonus.