Legal Entity Control / Technical Accounting
This role is an integral member of to Accounting Department.
This role offers growth, and exposure to Sr. Management
About Our Client
Our client is a well established, and one of the biggest investment banks. Beaitful offices, with a thriving culture, this bank is an ideal match for anyone looking to take their career to the next step in the accounting space within financial services.
- Key US contact for accounting issues and transactions partnering with operations, COO, APAG, regulatory reporting and compliance and legal. These entities include the Broker dealer, Intermediate Holding Company (IHC), Bank entity, various holding companies and branches.
- Manage a team of accounting professionals in Jacksonville, Florida
- Oversee presentation of legal entity financial performance and metrics to Board of directors and other stakeholders
- Work closely with the Global Head of Accounting Close to support accurate and timely reporting of US financial position including IFRS and HGB (German) financial reporting and related disclosure information
- Work with external auditors to provide support on all audit related matters
- Support the regulatory reporting function to meet heightened expectations and regulatory requirements (FRY9C and Call reports) including alignment of financial reporting chart of accounts with regulatory chart of accounts
- Partner with both regional and global Business Finance, Treasury, Infrastructure functions, Financial Planning, and Technology in order to allow for better decision making at the Board level and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls
- Implement financial reporting and process enhancements as appropriate
- Participate in implementation of new accounting standards
- Monitor accounting policies, practices and systems to create a strong internal control environment
The Successful Applicant
- relevant post qualification experience with a strong focus on the technical / specialist skills
- prior experience in Consolidation / Group Reporting / Financial Statement Preparation & IFRS exposure is a key preference
What's on Offer
Competitive base salaryBonus, benefits, 401k