Legal Entity Controller
Well established firm!
Good opportunity to be a key member of a large finance team.
About Our Client
My client is a firm specializing in financial and real estate services for institutional customers operating in the global financial and commercial real estate markets.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Responsible for month-end close process and journal entries associated with investing activities, financing activities, consolidation of subsidiaries, expense accruals, intercompany activities and income taxes;
- Prepare quarterly financial statements for external financial reporting in compliance with U.S. GAAP;
- Perform the monthly balance sheet substantiation, evaluate adequacy of expense accruals, resolving issues, and escalate key items to management timely;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly analytical reporting including commentary on balance sheet and P&L variances;
- Interaction with SEC reporting, Corporate Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, Product Control, Treasury and Cash Management in order to ensure proper accounting;
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required, CPA is required
- At least 3-5 years of related experience in the financial accounting group of a financial services company
- Big Four public accounting firm experience preferable
- Advanced analytical and Excel capabilities, project management skills, and ability to multitask
- Critical thinking, team oriented views, attention to detail, communication skills, business writing and project management
What's on Offer
Great opportunity at a well established firm to acquire a wide range of skills.