Legal - HR Generalist
Legal HR Generalist Opportunity
Law firm experience required
About Our Client
My client is an international law firm founded over 100 years ago. The firm is one of the highest-grossing law firms. The firm is highly recognized as an industry leader and known for their private equity, restructuring, and intellectual property groups.
- Developing and implementing HR programs and policies that effectively support the firm's mission, strategic vision and business objectives.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of recruiting and retention plans for staff and attorneys, including supporting the firm's attorney hiring committee.
- In partnership with firm leadership, planning, developing and implementing new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures that are responsive to the firm's goals and competitive practices. Provide advice on pay decisions including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related issues.
- Managing all aspects of employee relations supporting managers and employees on job-related workplace decisions, grievances, conflicts, and problem resolution including performance management, staff reductions, disability and Family and Medical Leaves (FMLA).
- Managing and administering benefit programs including medical, retirement savings, and open enrollment activities; as well as managing/reviewing compliance testing and participation in audits.
- Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and best practices as well as remaining abreast of employment legislation and ensuring compliance.
- Manage professional development programs for attorneys and staff.
The Successful Applicant
- 3-5 years Law Firm experience working in HR in a senior capacity.
- Strong HR acumen; substantive knowledge of industry best practices, trends and techniques.
- High level of communication skills both orally and in writing with the confidence and ability to influence and advise senior members of the firm.
- Proven ability to develop relationships at all levels.
- Strong understanding of and experience with project management principles and practices.
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Full medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, 401k match