Leading NYC law firm is seeking a Legal Secretary
On-going contract assignment
About Our Client
Our client is a leading New York based law practice with over 80 years of experience. They specialize in Corporate, Litigation, Business Finance & Restructuring, Tax, and Executive Compensation & Benefits.
- Communicates with internal and external clients, principals and team.
- Investigates and responds to client requests.
- Answers phones, transfers calls, takes messages, establishes conference calls, and uses voice mail.
- Administrative support with correspondence, written and electronic.
- Coordinates, compiles, organizes and sends materials to clients.
- Understands and fully utilizes word-processing functions for document preparation.
- Prepares client bills and associated cover letters for principals and sends to clients as needed.
- Reviews and processes administrative and personal charges.
- Maintains and updates comprehensive contact information and files for all principals.
- Utilizes iManage document management system effectively as a central repository for all matter related documents.
- Open all mail (may include electronic e-mails) and communicate to the appropriate contact.
- Makes travel arrangements and completes travel & expense reports for reimbursement in Concur.
- Schedules meetings, reserves conference rooms, coordinates video/audio equipment, and orders food.
- Manages principals' outlook calendars.
- Monitors credits for principals.
- Maintains appropriate sense of urgency and completes all work assignments within agreed upon deadlines.
- Practices and fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
- Performs any and all other duties as necessary and as assigned by your supervisor for efficient functioning of the Department, Office and Firm.
- Maintain a good knowledge of key clients and awareness of the firm's and of their fee earners' strategic objectives.
- Assists fee earners and departments with the production of marketing, including production of pitches, client presentations and maintaining up-to-date resumes.
- Assist with client events as and when required.
- Communicate confidently and effectively in a professional manner at all times.
- Initiate communication on a daily basis with fee earners to ensure a high level of awareness of current priorities and support required.
- Communicate and share knowledge with team and proactively communicates with line manager on issues of workload and any other difficulties.
The Successful Applicant
- Associates degree/Bachelor's degree
- 3-10 years of legal secretarial experience preferred
- Advanced technical skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with an ability to interact at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate absolute discretion with sensitive and confidential information.
- Flexible and proactive attitude towards work.
- An ability to work well in pressured situations while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Able to work fast, accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, conflicting demands and deadlines and act on own initiative.
- A strong team player with an ability to form supportive relationships throughout the firm.
- Adaptable and open to change.
- Willingness to broaden experience and develop skills further.
- Equipment: computer, fax machines, duplicating machines, scanners.
What's on Offer