Light Industrial Construction Superintendent (Travel)
One of the country's most well-respected General Contractors
100% travel role--see the country!
About Our Client
Our client is an incredibly established General Contractor with a national presence. With a hand in almost every market, this company invested in their light industrial expansion, and has won several contracts with Amazon. Their commitment to employee success is unparalleled, and they are looking for a strong Senior Superintendent to grow and develop with their resources and expertise.
- Thorough knowledge of contract documents required to properly plan construction sequencing, staffing and subcontractor coordination.
- Coordinate with Preconstruction Services during the preparation of estimates, buyout regarding methods, systems, schedule and general conditions.
- Delegate and monitor team members with various tasks at start and throughout all phases of project.
- Monitor the development of the project expediting log and update status weekly with project staff. Update project schedule procurement activities accordingly.
- Create and execute project preplanning activities with subcontractors to ensure coordinated efforts.
- Coordinate subcontractors, architects, inspectors and suppliers to resolve any problems with materials or methods.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Document onsite activities in the daily report, including verbal directives, delays, progress photos, weather conditions and onsite manpower.
- Develop the detailed construction phase schedule for the project and update weekly to ensure critical path activities and milestones are being achieved. Develop recovery plans to mitigate any delays to the critical path of the project.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other parties related to the project.
- Supervise and train employees.
- Enforce a safe work environment, practices and culture on the project.
- Assist in the planning and monitoring of the quality control program.
The Successful Applicant
- GROUND UP CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- LIGHT-INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: warehouses, distribution centers, big-box stores
- MUST BE OPEN TO 100% TRAVEL
- 10+ years experience in commercial construction
- Tilt-wall experience a plus
- Leadership experience, excellent communication skills, highly organized, motivator, ability to prioritize, strong analytical and problem solving skills, able to evaluate staff strengths and weaknesses and provide training to enhance personnel, disciplined and organized thinker,
- Excellent teaching and mentoring skills
- Strong mathematical and computer aptitude is also necessary.
What's on Offer
- Experience working on a diverse portfolio of projects
- Competitive salaries, car allowance and bonus potential
- Strong reputation in the Midwest
- Clear communication, great work environment
- Employee-centric environment
- Opportunity to travel around the country
- Per diem benefits