Logistics and Materials Manager
Employee Owned Company - Voted Chicago's Best & Brightest 2020
Opportunity to make an impact from day one!
About Our Client
My client is an employee-owned mid-sized manufacturer headquartered in the Chicago-area with a global footprint. They are a manufacturer of mechanical components supplying to a variety of industries and have enjoyed healthy financials despite the hardships of a COVID-impacted economy.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Champion of lean principles and continuous improvement.
- Recommends measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of service, and suggests changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Create management scorecards providing analytical opinions on how to reduce costs.
- Works cross functionally with all team members, including Operations, Sales/Customer Service, QC/QA and Finance.
- Works with HR to recruit, hire and train staff.
- Responsible for evaluating employee performance and recommends or initiates promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action.
- Manages and coordinates activities of employees engaged in inventory control.
- Maintains inventory as required by production schedules and/or customer orders.
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or count. Investigates or reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Administers operational procedures for activities, such as verification of incoming shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Manages all receiving and inventory activities to improve efficiencies and reduce cost.
- Develop long term inventory plans to reduce wastage, turnover and obsolescence.
- Monitor, reconcile and research inventory adjustments, providing monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Ensure finished goods and raw material inventory is managed and maintains a 99+% inventory accuracy.
- Assures products, parts, or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner.
- Evaluates physical condition of warehouse and equipment and prepares work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
- Monitor and reduce cost associated with overstock and aged inventory. This includes monitoring for shelf life, discontinued items and communicating with Sales.
- Reviews company policy with employees and enforces safety regulations.
- Serves as part of the Safety Team and support the safety initiatives.
- Practice safe and efficient work techniques to minimize potential injuries and hazardous conditions.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field
- Experience in prioritizing and handling multiple projects and assignments while attaining on- time completion.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of shipping, export/import, receiving and logistics services.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Proven experience implementing lean manufacturing processes
- Proven ability to lead a team, provide direction and proactively solve problems and issues as they arise.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to identify and communicate process improvements.
- Strong leadership, excellent listening and verbal communication skills; must be a team player. Demonstrated ability to relate to and understand others.
- Excellent math and analytical skills; must be able to perform statistical data analysis.
- Strong in Microsoft Excel, with some experience in MS NAV or other ERP software a plus.
- Strong people development and people management skills (coaching, mentoring).
What's on Offer
The target compensation for the Logistics and Materials Manager candidate is $90,000-$110,000 base salary commensurate with candidate experience.