- Join a rapidly expanding medical device startup
- Work with R&D and manufacturing to bring a life saving medical device to life
About Our Client
Our client is a rapidly growing medical device company specializing in the cardiac space, looking to scale up the production of their life saving medical technology.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manufacturing process development for complex catheter assemblies.
- Development of manufacturing documentation including: inspection procedures, assembly and test procedures; purchase specifications; BOMs; part and assembly drawings.
- Management of documentation changes using appropriate change control procedures.
- Design and development of jigs, fixtures and other equipment.
- Development of automation using microcontrollers.
- Hands-on assembly and testing of equipment and devices to support development, pre-clinical and V&V activities.
- Use DFM and statistical techniques to ensure the manufacturability and robustness of the product.
- Participate in design reviews and assist with FMEA.
- Interface with vendors including procuring materials, resolving issues and transferring processes to OEM vendors.
- Train and supervise assembly and test technicians.
The Successful Applicant
- B.S. in Mechanical or Bio-medical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience for an electromechanical medical device, preferably a catheter-based product.
- Desired NPI work and development of manufacturing and test processes.
- Team-oriented spirit and ability to work cross-functionally across departments.
- CAD skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with design engineering teams.
- Experience in design with pneumatics, linear drives/positioners, and/or servomotors is a plus.
- Programming experience in Python is desired.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Opportunity to work at a startup with uncapped growth
- Generous PTO
- Amazing health benefits