Mail Room Clerk
Well known Non Profit organisation based in Manhattan
Are looking for a Mail Room Clerk for a temporary assignment
About Our Client
Founded nearly 100 years ago, our client is a leader in the civil rights nonprofit space. They take pride in creating an inclusive, welcoming environment for all, and they also promote advocacy, equal rights and fair treatment in all they do.
The role will involve:
- Sort, distribute, and pick-up all incoming/outgoing/interoffice mail.
- Responsible for appropriately handling confidential and highly sensitive material.
- This person will process outgoing mail and apply correct postage.
- The Mail Clerk will also maintain all mail equipment and supplies.
- The position also includes various administrative duties including making photo copies, scanning, faxing, stocking supplies, etc.
- The Mail Clerk will also provide back-up support to the administrative team as needed.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. certificate required.
- Prior experience in a mail room setting preferred.
- Experience handling US mail, USPS, UPS, DHL and FedEx mail.
- Ability to lift objects up to 40lbs.
- Excellent attention to detail and superior organization skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Must be flexible to work overtime if needed.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary