Seeking candidates with experience working in an admin/mailroom role
Candidates must be open to working in a contract/temporary position
About Our Client
Founded nearly 100 years ago, our client, a leader in the civil rights nonprofit space, takes pride in creating an inclusive, welcoming environment for all. In addition, this client promotes advocacy, equal rights and fair treatment in all they do.
- Sort, distribute, and pick-up all incoming/outgoing/interoffice mail.
- Responsible for appropriately handling confidential and highly sensitive material.
- This person will process outgoing mail and apply correct postage.
- The Mail Clerk will also maintain all mail equipment and supplies.
- The position also includes various administrative duties including making photo copies, scanning, faxing, stocking supplies, etc.
- The Mail Clerk will also provide back-up support to the administrative team as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. certificate required.
- Prior experience in a mail room setting preferred.
- Experience handling US mail, USPS, UPS, DHL and FedEx mail.
- Ability to lift objects up to 40lbs.
- Excellent attention to detail and superior organization skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- Must be flexible to work overtime if needed.
What's on Offer
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Flexibility to work overtime hours at 1.5x regular pay.
- Opportunity to work in a diverse, dynamic organization.
- Beautiful working conditions in NYC-based office.