- Emphasis on professional development and career advancement
- Leading supplier of global aerospace clients
About Our Client
Our client is a privately owned manufacturer serving clients in the aerospace industry. They are suppliers for some of the world's most recognizable aerospace brands, and have been showing strong growth over the last 20 years. At a headcount of 100 and adding to that all the time, the client is searching for a Manufacturing Engineer to join the team as they continue to ramp up production.
- Develop both detailed processes with associated time standards for production, as well as summary processes for quotation purposes. Actively secures outside quotations for raw material and services on new projects.
- Develops manufacturing procedures, methods, and standards, and oversees their implementation
- Consult with and advise shop supervision on problems relative to methods, tooling, and handling to eliminate production difficulties.
- Provides technical support for the design and manufacture of jigs, fixtures and special tools including their procurement and/or manufacture. Develops testing requirements/procedures as necessary to ensure compliance to customer/design specifications.
- Responsible for new product introductions including routed processes, BOM's, In-Process drawings, gaging and including the design/procurement/manufacture of special tooling.
- Under guidance of the Engineering Manager, develops cost justifications to support the procurement of both capital and expense items. Supports implementation of new equipment and processes.
- Proactively works to avoid problems and prepares for upcoming jobs in advance of their scheduled start dates. When necessary, troubleshoots problems that arise and resolves them in a timely manner. Works with manufacturing, quality, and engineering personnel to resolve quality problems.
- Perform value analysis on existing designs and make recommendations to reduce overall products costs by providing guidance to engineering as required on manufacturability of designs generated. Support Cellular Manufacturing and takes a leadership role in Set-up reduction.
- Participates in the MRB process by dispositioning rejects (NCR's) and creating necessary reworks instructions.
- Implements Engineering Change Orders in a timely manner following set procedures.
- Serves as the primary interface with Customers and Suppliers with regard to manufacturing issues.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree preferred, can be bypassed with extensive experience
- A minimum of four years' experience in manufacturing engineering including tooling and fixturing design background
- Three or more years of conventional lathe, mill & CNC machining experience.
- CAD and Microsoft Office skills are required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required.
- Lean/ Six sigma Green Belt or higher is a plus.
- Knowledge of AS9100 standards is a plus.
What's on Offer
- Base Salary $80,000-$100,000 depending on level of experience
- Annual Bonus
- 3-4 weeks PTO
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Professional Development & Career Planning Groups
- 401(K) Match