- Global automotive manufacturer, path to management
- Fully covered healthcare, 8% 401(k) match
About Our Client
Our client is a top 20, global, automotive manufacturer that supports OEMs like GM, FCA, Ford, Tesla, BMW, and more for their drive train components and assemblies. Currently with 600+ people at this facility, primarily dealing with metal fabrication & assembly operations like stamping, bending, manual assembly and testing.The Manufacturing Engineering team is looking for this next Manufacturing Engineer to be a leader on and off the production floor as they will be looked at for fast track to management in their next phase of growth.
- Work with automated manufacturing systems and troubleshoot production floor issues related to robotics, PLCs, vision systems
- Investigate, evaluate, and implement strategies to provide manufacturing process solutions to meet production quality and economic requirements.
- Coordinate input and formulate manufacturing methods for new products and changes in processing of existing products.
- Initiate or coordinate tests aimed at defining or determining problems related to equipment and process performance.
- Measure, calculate, and monitor the degree or control attainable with the processes.
- Assist in the direction and training or production support personnel in the use of process parameters and related equipment.
- Maintain technical records and data on process and equipment and communicate same for maintenance or process capability.
- Use project management skills to implement turnkey programs for new equipment/line installation.
- Utilize SPC knowledge to identify and eliminate quality issues as they arise and to design quality into new systems.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
A successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- A degree in engineering or technical science
- 3-5 years of manufacturing engineering knowledge (or more)
- Exposure working with automated systems; Vision systems, Robotics, and/or PLCs
- Read technical, engineering documents like GD&T prints, ECNs, work instructions, and 3D CAD file
Nice to Haves:
- Metal fabrication knowledge
- Automotive, high volume manufacturing experience
What's on Offer
- Base salary between $80,000 to $100,000
- Fully cover healthcare benefits through BCBS - Medical, Dental, Vision
- S/L disability provided, life insurance, HSA
- 8% retirement match and 1% HSA match
- 3 weeks PTO
- 12 Paid holidays
- Path to management