- Global Company, opportunity to progress
- Unlimited PTO
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer of value-added products/services to the mass transit and railroad industries. Established over 75 years ago, they are showing impressive growth at their IL locations in particular, and are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to help improve their CNC operations and line themselves up for a leadership role. My client truly believes in professional training and development and continuously sets their people up for success, evidenced by their constant practice of internal promotions.
- Provide the leadership and training for a team of three CNC programmers.
- Train technicians as well as non-technical associates. May review the work of other engineers/technicians. Can assist others through moderately to complex tasks.
- Interact with production support operators, team leaders, set-up operators, and shift supervisors to provide standard problem solving and troubleshooting
- Lead or assist in the implementation of continuous improvement and Kaizen projects.
- Develop and write CNC programs for mills/lathes.
- Prototype part development via CAD tools to simulate the machining process.
- Research new equipment and prepare capital expenditures for new equipment purchases.
- Develop tooling designs and modifications to ensure high quality and productivity.
- Specify required tooling, fixtures, and gaging required.
- Evaluate tooling, Scrap and Rework cost, determine root cause and corrective action to reduce cost.
- Complete improvement projects to address the root causes of cost increases.
- Utilize systems to perform duties and process changes to products/procedures.
- Participate and lead design review initiatives for new products.
- Optimize the equipment for minimal setup time, changeover, and operational cycles.
- Define and implement the required preventative maintenance method for the machining equipment
- Provide the process and operational documentation for effective use of the equipment in the production environment.
- Diagnose machine problems working with internal and external resources to resolve any issues immediately.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Specific experience using LEAN, Six Sigma, etc. for cost saving/production improvement initiatives
- 5+ years experience in a relevant field or manufacturing environment
- Experience with machining and machine troubleshooting
- Strong abilities in the use of complex technical tools
- Experience with GD&T
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- MasterCam experience is preferred
What's on Offer
- Base salary between $95,000-$110,000 based on level of experience
- Access to top of industry training and development
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical benefits through BCBS
- 3% 401(K) match
- 10% bonus potential