- Mapped out promotional path
- High growth company experiencing best revenue year to date
About Our Client
Our client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join the team. As a leader in the precision machining and in-house assembly in North Chicago suburbs, our client serves customers in the heavy trucking, oil & gas, and armaments markets. As business has continued to grow and expected to make a 13% increase in revenue this year, they team is looking to bring this Manufacturing Engineer to help lead the team and given the opportunity to grow within or outside the team.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Participate in New Product Introduction meetings, providing input on manufacturability, tooling, process and gage issues.
- Determine, design, and order with Tool Buyer complete cutting tool packages for all new requirements including establishing minimum and maximum quantities.
- Design and fabricate machining fixtures
- Write CNC part program. Assemble new part tooling package.
- Set up and debug machine part program on C.N.C. equipment.
- Submit and assist the QC dept. in checking the first piece.
- Run off PPAP parts, and bring process up to full production, time every process and turn in time study to Engineering Director
- Quoted cycle times must be achieved before job can be handed off.
- Train and certify Manufacturing Tech or Group leader on every part of the process.
- Perform testing of all new cutting tools, or systems as assigned by Engineering Director
- Audit existing jobs as part of continuous improvement process.
- Technical and problem solving support to Manufacturing.
- Assist Project Engineers and Manufacturing on internal and external DMRs in the form of permanent fail-safe solutions.
- Identify any SPC requirements on special process dimensions that would be necessary to establish a confidence level in the manufacturing process.
- Follow safety procedures and wear safety equipment as required. Enforce safety policy and promote safe working practices.
The Successful Applicant
- Must Have Experience
- 3+ years of experience in CNC Manufacturing
- Ability to troubleshoot and setupCNC manufacturing programs
- Knowledge of MasterCAM
- Ability to set up and introduce new product into manufacturing/ production
- Nice to Have Experience
- CNC programming
- Bachelor Degree (technical or engineering field)
What's on Offer
- Base salary between $70,000 - $90,000
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, S&L)
- 2-3 weeks PTO and 10 Holidays
- 401(k) match at 4%
- Company discretionary bonus