- Client is an Industry Leader in Innovative Sealing Technology
- Client is Actively Hiring for the Role
About Our Client
Our Client specializes in the design and manufacturing of engineered resilient metal seals and sealing systems for OEMs and subcontractor partners throughout the world.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Work with the site team and operators to establish stable and repeatable manufacturing processes. Solve real time problems in processing with equipment and tooling. Implement workable solutions in both the short and long term so that failure modes are effectively understood and eliminated. Support the development of all internal drawings and process control documentation for all new processes including work instructions, inspection plans, and engineering prints.
Project Management - Project objectives are well defined by manager, and involve the extension of present technology, involving improvement of products, processes and new knowledge with some level of complexity. However, incumbent is intimately involved in formulation and recommendation of project objectives and stakeholder management. Projects are typically small to medium independent projects assigned by manager.
- Use Solidworks software as required to design/modify and detail machining fixtures, tooling, and stampings tools. Select the correct geometry, material and finishes based on internal guidelines and safety reviews. Ensure that the design meets customer print and specification requirements as required, and that the designs are optimized for safety, manufacturability, assembly, and production use. Provide support to production and the tool room with tool/fixture designs, modifications, or assembly. Communicate the intent of the design or assembly to ease installation and use.
- Regulatory documentation for validation, CAPA, and procedures. Oral and written communication is expected to be concise and scientifically relevant and accurate.
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years' experience working in an Engineering capacity in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated technical judgment/accomplishments, project leadership, team collaboration and oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Solid Works/AutoCAD skills for designing tools and fixtures
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering principles, theories, and applications
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with codes and legal regulations.
- Lean-Sigma Green Belt (preferred)
What's on Offer
- Benefits (Health Insurance, Dental, Vision)
- 401k Company Match
- Bonus Eligible Role