- Lead a growing team for a top supplier of Jon Deere and Caterpillar
- ESOP Opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a multi-national manufacturer that has served both the industrial and agricultural markets for over 30 years. They have offices in the US, South America, and London - all of which exhibiting a strong corporate culture that empowers their employees to thrive while maintaining a solid work-life balance. They are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Manager to oversee the entire manufacturing department.
- Apply DMAIC and Lean / Six Sigma tools to identify defects/waste in the manufacturing process and eliminate root cause(s).
- Manage staff to consistently meet and exceed corporate goals by providing training, development and coaching to drive peak performance with direct reports.
- Support critical role of Voice of Manufacturing in our New Product Introduction Stage Gate Process
- Actively engage with all employees to support our Lean Transformation, deploying Lean Tools to improve employee safety, processes and decrease cost. Problem solves gaps and redesign. Implement mistake-proofing concepts to prevent product defects.
- Work closely with research and development, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products, machines, and tooling/fixtures.
- Support all current and new product introductions.
- Experiment with and analyze different materials, manufacturing processes, design tolerances and other factors in the developmental process.
- Oversee the fabrication of models and perform tests to determine compliance to specification. Problem solves gaps and redesign. Implement mistake-proofing concepts to prevent product defects.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize use of space, equipment, material and personnel. Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications. Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed, and testing procedures are in place before utilizing vendors/subcontractors. Provide input and support during the selection process of new vendors.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in relevant engineering field
- Minimum of 7 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- 4+ years of management experience including performance reviews, hiring/firing
- Experience in continuous improvement OR Lean Manufacturing for assembly or manufacturing systems
- Knowledge and experience reviewing and understanding: drawings/specifications, technical documents, geometric dimensions and tolerance.
- Write work instructions for new or updated manufacturing processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; requires interaction with managers, supervisors, engineers, and hourly associates in a fast pace environment.
- Broad understanding and experience with manufacturing technologies and processes
- Knowledge of Creo, Solidworks, Inventor, or AutoCAD
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $90,000-$115,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Over three weeks of PTO in addition to 10 paid holidays
- Comprehensive benefits package (Coverage for Individual & Dependents)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) plan