Manufacturing Engineer - Precision Machining
Work for a Leading Manufacturer of Components for the Automotive Industry
Great Leadership and Growth Opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is an innovative precision and production supplier of drive-train components to the automotive industry. They pride themselves on their exceptional machining and automation capabilities.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Monitors their production area of responsibility for scrap, efficiency, quality, manufacturing costs and production capabilities - creates and leads efforts towards continuous improvement of these work cell metrics.
- Creates and maintains process documentation, operator instructions and standardized work instructions for the machines and processes in their area.
- Uses 2D and 3D CAD to design tooling, work holding and automation for work cells.
- Travel to Customers and Suppliers as needed.
- Complete quote proposals for customer programs using an understanding of modern manufacturing concepts, calculations of process cycle times, tooling and workholding design, manufacturing machine, tooling and gauging costs, and labor and overhead requirements.
- Works with Quality Engineering Department in maintaining process capabilities, addressing customer complaints and analyzing data to create robust tooling systems.
The Successful Applicant
- BS in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- 4+ Years as a Manufacturing Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with various CNC machining operations including turning, milling, hole making, spline forming, induction hardening, grinding, etc., both from a work holding and a tooling/processing standpoint.
- Strong and demonstrated experience with CNC G-Code programming.
- Experience with Process Improvement Projects.
- Must know basic quality inspection and testing concepts.
- Must be able to Interpret and Read GD&T.
- Familiarity with the Advanced Product Quality Process and IATF quality requirements and documentation.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary.
- 401K Matching.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits.
- Potential Bonus.