- Tuition reimbursement and paid training opportunities
- Company voted one of the top US mid-size companies by Forbes
About Our Client
Our client is a global steel manufacturer and was actually voted as THE top mid-size US company this year by Forbes Magazine. With 2 dozen facilities in the US, our client is at the top of the industry in reputation and culture, as well as in benefits and opportunities to advance your career. Apply to join a stellar company that is set up for booming growth in their IL facility.
- Influence and propel multi-functional team members to achieve stretch goals.
- Work as a "hands-on" Engineer developing and troubleshooting product lines as related to design, material, or process.
- Maintain and modify plant equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient.
- Plan and design experiments and conduct data analysis in support of product lines.
- Design and implement test methods and equipment to support product development.
- Responsible for research & engineering documentation.
- Solve complex problems and make sound design recommendations.
- Provide technical assistance for troubleshooting & diagnosing design and manufacturing quality problems.
- Conduct feasibility studies to verify capability and functionality or to assess existing technologies.
- Research future concepts within market including the monitoring of technology trends
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- 3+ years hands-on manufacturing experience in an industrial environment
- Experience using 2D/3D modeling software
- Strong understanding and experience of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Problem solving, teamwork, and leadership abilities
- Project experience pertaining to manufacturing machinery and equipment strongly desired
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
- Base Salary $70,000-$90,000 depending on level of experience
- Quarterly bonus eligible
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Premium Health benefits
- 401k match
- 3 weeks PTO
- Internal growth and development programs