- Product development of a NEW system to improve safety in the medical industry
- Opportunity to expand in a growing organization with a global leader
About Our Client
A break through medical device company that ranks as one of the top places to work in the medical industry. A global leader in a product that has immense upside for all medical industry operations throughout hospitals and OPM facilities. A Red Herring global 100 Winner for one of the top 100 technology companies in the world and continues to be a destination for one of the top places to work. A small organization with an essential product in the health care sector that continues to grow with more potential to lead the industry with new and improved techniques.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer include the following:
- Design mechanical systems and components that support program requirements.
- Document mechanical component and system-level designs.
- Validate and verify mechanical, optical, and electrical designs and their related processes.
- The ability to completely design optical system of high-speed scanning device from concept to execution.
- A deep understanding of GDT
- Knowledge to design around issues and seek to avoid expensive and exotic processes, where possible.
- CAD expereince
- Procurement and vendor qualification activities for components.
- Manufacturing and Project Engineering lead for activities in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Accountable for delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Key participant in DFMEA, PFMEA, and CTQ processes assuring specifications are well defined and documented.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Manufacturing Engineer will have:
- Understanding of optical properties of scanning laser systems including beam shaping, splitting, spatial frequency, losses
- Experience developing scanning and imaging systems
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Optical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience with prototype and mass production fabrication processes and techniques.
- Ability to take designs from concept through prototype and on to mass production.
- Six Sigma background
- GD&T experience
- Working knowledge of DFMEA, PFMEA and Risk Tools
What's on Offer
Competitive Benefits for the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus and equity incentive
- Excellent benefits
- Exciting, start up working environment