Excellent opportunity to join a growing aerospace organization
Growing company looking to add a talented manufacturing engineer
About Our Client
My client is a key provider of products and services for the Aerospace Industry. A Lean focused, rapidly growing company. My client serves commercial and military markets for both fixed and rotary winged aircraft applications. Our customers range from the largest aerospace OEMs in the world to end users of the aircraft as well as overhaul and repair operations.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs, reviewing production schedules, estimating future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished-product and process capabilities, establish standards, confirming manufacturing processes.
- Involved in the review of current processes, revision change control, creation of work procedures and the building / creation of engineering methods for manufacturing.
- Lead and participate in Production readiness assessments
- Evaluate Engineering packages to develop cost estimates, work instructions and bills of materials.
- Participate in First Articles on shop floor to validate work instructions, bills of material and process specifications.
- Facilities and workplace design
- Leading and teaching lean business tools and implementation, 5S, value stream mapping, root cause corrective action, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
The Successful Applicant
- 3 years of manufacturing engineering experience in the aerospace industry.
- Thorough understanding and broad application of Manufacturing Engineering technical standards, principles, theories, and techniques
- Ability to provide technical solutions to a range of challenging problems with creative, practical solutions that are consistent with organizational objectives.
- Capable of working under minimal or no supervision and presents work upon completion for review of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Understands the impact of their work generally results in crucial program delays and wasted resources.
- Works with both internal and external contacts, and often represent the organization in developing solutions to complex technical issues.
- Candidate must be able to work and lead in a fast paced manufacturing environment, continually seeking solutions to productions issues and improving overall efficiency of the shop floor.
- Candidate must be "Hands on type person, who also has the ability to teach"
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applications must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee).
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, growth opportunity, great benefits.