International manufacturing organization
Opportunity to work with an excellent team
About Our Client
Market leading medical device manufacturing organization.
- Support existing equipment and processes on the manufacturing floor
- Work with manufacturing to design tools, equipment, and processes to produce wire/tube base components
- Investigate new manufacturing practices and equipment to support or further improve existing and new products
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issue and develop a plan to contain, correct, and put preventive/corrective actions in place to reduce the possibility of re-occurrence
- Participate in a continuous improvement program which includes the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of current products being manufactured
- Take lead on improvement projects from design to implementation to manufacturing
- Generate system documentation including creation of prints, procedures, work instructions, specifications, PM maintenance, and other documentation as necessary
- Support internal development projects and goals
- Constructively communicate with operators and other departments
- Effectively present findings or oral arguments to management when necessary
- Work closely with the component engineering group to release components from the development stages to mass manufacturing.
- Work with Operations, Quality, Customer Service, Logistics, and HR as required
- Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: FDA).
- Support QC with the development of root cause analysis and corrective action for customer NCR/RMA.
- Apply statistical methods such as design of experiments, SPC, etc
- Other special projects as required by manager
The Successful Applicant
- BS or MS in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering with 5 years related experience, capable of working in a dynamic environment, well organized and self-motivated.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and CAD solid modeling (preferably SolidWorks).
- Must be a self-starter and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- General Metallurgy knowledge and/or knowledge of NiTi properties and how processing changes these properties
- Experience with Process Controls: Control Plan, pFMEA, DOE, MSA, Problem solving, etc.
- Experience working in ISO-9001/13485 or similar environment
What's on Offer
Excellent compensation package