Global Automotive Supplier of Interiors
Looking for a strong hands on Manufacturing Engineer
About Our Client
Our client for the Manufacturing Engineer opportunity is a global manufacturer of specialized materials serving customers in medical, personal care, industrial, automotive, consumer products, electronics and more.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Drive continuous improvement strategies, cost savings, productivity improvement
- Conduct root cause analysis and investigation/implementation of resolutions of quality issues
- Identify cost savings initiatives for production processes
- Work with operators and manufacturing engineering team to troubleshoot equipment and manufacturing lines
- New equipment production runs to develop standard operating procedures to ensure safety of production staff
- Review, update, and develop training documentation
- Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized as an implementer of engineering principles and /or scientific analysis in meeting unit objectives.
- Design and Development: Initiate, design, develop and optimize Manufacturing/Converting assets and supporting processes
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Mechanical, Chemical, Chemistry, or related
- Masters, MBA or advanced degree preferred, but not required
- 3-7 years of experience in manufacturing roles with lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, Six Sigma
- Previous management or operational leadership experience preferred
- Experience with plastics, foam, chemicals, or related products preferred
- Strong presentations and communication skills required
- Customer facing experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency to meet customer deadlines
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, full benefits, 401K, vacation, holidays. Being a part of a growing and innovative company.