- Company showing impressive growth the last 15 years
- Clear path for promotion to senior level
About Our Client
The client is a metal manufacturing/fabrication operation serving customers in the automotive, medical device, and aerospace industries. The client places strong emphasis on the training/education of their employees, and this is evidenced by their practice of looking to promote from within before going outside the organization.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to the company's production processes.
- Document current production procedures and create company standards to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the production department.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and implementing metrics to measure production performances as it relates to quality, throughput, and on time performances.
- Observe and record the times, motions, methods and speeds of production operations and the workers responsible for those operations to establish standard production rates and to improve efficiencies
- Develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
- Collect, analyze, summarize and present production and process data, information and trends to management.
- Estimate labor requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions. Drive continuous improvement in labor costs through waste reduction, production efficient, and operations improvement.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Production regarding tooling life and design to ensure effectual production methods.
- Assist in the investigation and corrective actions of rejected materials.
- Utilize various lean six sigma problem solving skills to accurately perform root cause analysis.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Technical degree required
- 1-3 years experience in manufacturing engineering or other relevant field
- Motivated self-starter who is interested in learning multiple metal manufacturing processes
- Experience writing work instructions and doing Root Cause Analysis
- Metallurgical experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
- Base salary $75,000-90,000 based on experience level
- 6% quarterly bonus
- 3% 401(k) match
- Great benefits package through Aetna
- 2 weeks PTO with 9 paid company holidays
- Investment in employee education, trainings, CEUs (tuition reimbursement)