- Client puts strong emphasis on promoting from within the organization
- Investment in employee training, education, CEUs
About Our Client
Our client is a metal manufacturing/fabrication operation serving customers across a range of industries including aerospace and automotive. The client places strong emphasis on the training/education of their employees, and this is evidenced by their practice of looking to promote from within before going outside the organization.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to the company's production processes.
- Document current production procedures and create company standards to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the production department.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and implementing metrics to measure production performance
- Observe and record the times, motions, methods and speeds of production operations and the workers responsible for those operations to establish standard production rates and to improve efficiencies.
- Estimate labor requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
- Drive continuous improvement in labor costs through waste reduction and operations improvement.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for machine operators and other engineers.
- Collect, analyze, summarize and present production and process data, information and trends to management.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Production regarding tooling life and design to ensure effectual production methods.
- Assist in the investigation and corrective actions of rejected materials.
- Utilize various lean six sigma problem solving skills to accurately identify and eliminate problematic root causes.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 1-3 years experience in manufacturing engineering
- Active, self-starter who is interested in learning multiple metal manufacturing processes
- Experience writing work instructions and doing Root Cause Analysis
- Metallurgical experience is preferred
- Technical degree preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
- Base salary $60,000-80,000 based on level of experience
- Bonus structure paid out at 6% quarterly
- 3% 401(k) match
- Health benefits package through Aetna
- 2 weeks PTO with 9 paid company holidays
- Paid trainings and tuition reimbursement for employee development