Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Automotive Tier 1
Global Automotive Tier 1 Supplier
Leading a team in largest plant in North America
About Our Client
Our client for the Manufacturing Engineering Manager opportunity is with a global automotive tier 1 supplier specializing in structural components. This organization has over 7,000 employees globally and several offices and manufacturing plants around the world.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Define the allocation of projects within the team.
- Draw up the workload schedule within his/her scope of activity in terms of skills, headcount and resources.
- Make sure that the teams meet the project budgets and define technical solutions that meet the needs of the Business Unit.
- Guarantee the proper execution of manufacturing projects, while respecting the GDD, the SMI and the industrialization and Lean Manufacturing standards.
- Take customers' logistics and internal standards into consideration.
- Oversee startup costs budget per project for each production plant in the group
- Optimize the profitability of projects in the industrialization phase and in terms of cost controls
- Define action plans based on the activity's targets and coordinate the employees' duties
- Propose the activity's annual operations budget, and make sure that the budget is respected.
- Monitor performance indicators of activity and implement corrective actions if required
- Contribute to the development of innovative solutions and the continuous improvement of the activity
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or related
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing/industrial engineering roles within the automotive industry
- Experience with stamping, machining, welding highly preferred
- Experience working in a union environment highly preferred - UAW
- Track record and ability to manage, mentor and develop a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills working with various levels
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary $120,000 - $145,000, bonus 20%, holidays, vacation, full benefits, 401K