Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Brand New facility
Tier 1 Supplier - Injection Molded Plastics
About Our Client
Our client is an Award winning and growing company. The Engineering Manager will oversee a team of 2 process engineers. This role has a focus on plant layout design and execution, sequencing, ensuring optimal performance of the manufacturing operations, while achieving the highest level of safety, quality, and uptime. Our client for the Manufacturing Engineering Manager opportunity is global automotive tier 1 supplier specializing in interior and exterior plastics components. This organization has over 7,000 employees globally and several offices around the world.
- Effective leadership, support and direction to manufacturing operations, supporting our clients vision dedicated to quality, safety, customer service, innovation and flexibility.
- Lead with a safety-first approach, maintaining a zero accident culture, while observing and enforcing plant safety rules.
- Ensure quality standards are met by clear communication through supervision on down to team members regarding adherence to all provision of our operating instructions and our ISO certifications.
- Monitor quality and quantity of output, taking appropriate action including shutting down process, to prevent scrap and assisting in investigations to determine causes of quality defects.
- Be responsible for plastic injection molding processes
- Expert in sequencing JIT to OEM's
- Establish solid working relationships with the leads of individual departments including Engineering, Production Inventory Control, Customer Service and Quality Assurance to promote open lines of communication, quality, teamwork, effective processes and best practices.
- Communicate and monitor key metrics in line with corporate objectives including Safety, OEE, Employee Turnover, Labor Efficiencies, PM, and Customer Complaints.
- Consistent schedule attainment. Monitor efficiencies by report output, OEE, downtime, labor and other performance metrics. Utilize this information to identify opportunities and continual incremental improvements.
- Maximize production processes to minimize costs.
- Responsibility for our real-time reporting system, MATIEC to include production reporting, barcode scanners, and material control.
- Ongoing instruction of team members on the most efficient use of machines and materials.
- Provide training and technical support for shop floor team members on new projects and/or revisions to procedures. Cross-train teams for maximum production flexibility.
- Review cycle times and initiate corrective actions for products running out of standard cycle. Responsible for creating and implementing succession plans and cross-training for key positions to help the company achieve operational readiness.
- Set, communicate and assist the team in achieving production goals.
- Promote 5S, lean and continuous improvement initiatives and thinking throughout the operation.
- Provides personal counseling and communicates to all employees information regarding policies, procedures and operational changes.
- Administers direct supervisory responsibility for manufacturing and maintenance personnel including selection, hiring, training, performance evaluations, promotional recommendations and developing work schedules.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, industrial management or related field preferred.
- 3 to 5 years related experience in Management of manufacturing processes and operations for an automotive or aerospace manufactured required.
- * 10-15 years of manufacturing, production, or industrial engineering experience within automotive or manufacturing
- Related experience with a real-time ERP enterprise-wide manufacturing solution.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety through experience and initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of injection molding processing and operations a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with all stake holders.
- Ability to work independently to plan and initiate new ideas and methods.
- Plastic Injection molding a PLUS
- Strong problem-solving ability, and the follow-through to drive resulting actions.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive compensation and benefits