- Lead all aspects of the Manufacturing Department
- Path to VP mapped out
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer of precision machined and light assembled products (bearings, couplings, magnets, etc..) for the Aerospace, Medical Device, and Oil & Gas industries. They have a rapidly growing business that has doubled their revenue since 2016 to now. Additionally, they are moving to a state of the art, 80,000 sq ft., facility at the beginning of 2022. This role will report to the VP of Operations.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Apply DMAIC and Lean/6SIGMA tools to identify defects/waste in the manufacturing process and eliminate root cause(s).
- Manage staff to consistently meet and exceed corporate goals by providing training, development and coaching to drive peak performance with direct reports.
- Support critical role of Voice of Manufacturing in our New Product Introduction Stage Gate Process
- Actively engage with all employees to support our Lean Transformation, deploying Lean Tools to improve employee safety, processes and decrease cost. Problem solves gaps and redesign. Implement mistake-proofing concepts to prevent product defects.
- Work closely with research and development, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products, machines, and tooling/fixtures.
- Support all current and new product introductions.
- Experiment with and analyze different materials, manufacturing processes, design tolerances and other factors in the developmental process.
- Oversee the fabrication of models and perform tests to determine compliance to specification. Problem solves gaps and redesign. Implement mistake-proofing concepts to prevent product defects.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize use of space, equipment, material and personnel. Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications. Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed, and testing procedures are in place before utilizing vendors/subcontractors. Provide input and support during the selection process of new vendors.
The Successful Applicant
- 6+ years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering
- Bachelor degree in engineering
- Experience in a CNC machining or light/manual assembly manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead projects and be cross functional in the department & company
- 3+ years of experience leading teams and/or multiple projects
- Background in LEAN or Six Sigma (certification)
- Ability to work on CNC machines or automation equipment
What's on Offer
- Salary range between $100,000 to $130,000 (dependent upon experience)
- BCBS benefits
- 10% bonus potential (target based)
- 3 weeks PTO
- Clear path to senior leadership or director role