- Clear path to Director/VP level role within company
- Position reports directly to senior leadership
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global manufacturer serving customers in the agricultural/industrial space. Founded over 30 years ago, they have displayed impressive growth, building a presence in the US, South America and Europe. The company emphasizes the ability to work hard in an entrepreneurial environment while also promoting a healthy work life balance.
- Apply DMAIC and Lean/Six Sigma tools to identify defects/waste in the manufacturing process and eliminate root cause(s).
- Manage staff to consistently meet and exceed corporate goals by providing training, development and coaching to drive peak performance with direct reports.
- Support critical role of Voice of Manufacturing in our New Product Introduction Stage Gate Process
- Work closely with R&D, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to foresee and prevent problems with products, machines, and tooling/fixtures.
- Experiment with and analyze different materials, manufacturing processes, design tolerances and other factors in the developmental process.
- Oversee the fabrication of models and perform tests to determine compliance to specification. Problem solves gaps and redesign. Implement mistake-proofing concepts to prevent product defects.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize use of space, equipment, material and personnel. Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better workflow and use of space
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications. Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed, and testing procedures are in place before utilizing vendors/subcontractors. Provide input and support during the selection process of new vendors.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 8+ years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Experience in a CNC machining or light/manual assembly manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead projects and be cross functional in the department & company
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role and/or managing multiple projects
- Background in LEAN/Six Sigma a plus
What's on Offer
- Base salary between $120,000 to $140,000 depending upon level of experience
- BCBS benefits
- 15% bonus potential based on personal performance
- 3 weeks PTO
- Clear path to senior leadership or director role