- Report directly to senior leadership of the company
- Progress to Director or VP level role
About Our Client
Our client is a global manufacturer serving the agriculture and industrial markets. They have been in business for over 30 years with offices in the US, South America and London. They are a company that prides themselves on offering a strong corporate culture and empowering individuals to work hard in an entrepreneurial culture and also maintain a solid work-life balance.
- Apply DMAIC and Lean/Six Sigma tools to identify defects/waste in the manufacturing process and eliminate root cause(s).
- Manage staff to consistently meet and exceed corporate goals by providing training, development and coaching to drive peak performance with direct reports.
- Support critical role of Voice of Manufacturing in our New Product Introduction Stage Gate Process
- Work closely with research and development, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products, machines, and tooling/fixtures.
- Experiment with and analyze different materials, manufacturing processes, design tolerances and other factors in the developmental process.
- Oversee the fabrication of models and perform tests to determine compliance to specification. Problem solves gaps and redesign. Implement mistake-proofing concepts to prevent product defects.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize use of space, equipment, material and personnel. Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications. Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed, and testing procedures are in place before utilizing vendors/subcontractors. Provide input and support during the selection process of new vendors.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
A strong candidate will have a engineering background and include the following:
- 8+ years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering
- Bachelor degree in engineering
- Experience in a CNC machining or light/manual assembly manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead projects and be cross functional in the department & company
- 3+ years of experience leading teams and/or multiple projects
Nice to Haves:
- Background in LEAN or Six Sigma (certification)
- Ability to work on CNC machines or automation equipment
What's on Offer
- Salary range between $120,000 to $140,000 (dependent upon experience)
- BCBS benefits
- 15% bonus potential (target based)
- 3 weeks PTO
- Clear path to senior leadership or director role