Manufacturing Test Engineer - Material Science - Worcester
Experience with thermo testing or mechanical testing equipment
Polymer/Chemistry Experience highly desirable
About Our Client
Our client is a unique lightweight material manufacturing company that creates a variety of polymer products serving industries such as aerospace, defense, electronics and more.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Perform hands-on testing, analysis, and laboratory support
- Ensure that the lab area is kept in order and meets the safety requirements
- Update testing status and complete test reports
- Ensure that testing is on time and meets the company requirements in support of new product launch, cost reduction, and quality improvement goals
- Keep equipment in working order including maintenance, upkeep, and calibration
- Operate internal engineering and scientific analytical and testing equipment
- Performs chemical analyses of polymer materials
The Successful Applicant
- BS in Engineering, Chemistry or other relevant discipline
- 2+ years of testing experience
- Polymer experience highly desirable
- Good analytical lab testing skills
- Needs to have previous experience with thermo testing or mechanical testing equipment
- Someone with a start up environment, fast paced mind set is a plus
- Strong computer skills
What's on Offer
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with current salary and experience.
The client is an equal opportunity employer.