- Lead and manage manufacturing & engineering initiatives
- Strong progressive culture, significant growth opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team. As a leader in the metal fabrication and machining, they have steadily grown over the last 30 years. This role will work cross-functionally with Manufacturing, Production and Sales and help develop manufacturing processes and products to allow more efficiency. They serve the automotive, industrial and aerospace markets.
- Located in Elmhurst
- 200 employees
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Analyze and design manufacturing cells that conform to Lean Manufacturing standards
- Maintain and improve technical procedures for HydraForce manufacturing processes
- Maintain and improve statistical process controls
- Determine and eliminate root causes and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
- Work collaboratively with Design and Purchasing team to improve existing products
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP); Support all current and new product introduction
- Utilize production metrics to identify waste and areas for continuous improvement (Pass rate, Scrap, Throughput)
- Utilize statistical analysis to make data driven decisions
- Ensure all manufacturing safety policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times
The Successful Applicant
- 5 to 10 years Engineering experience in Metal Fabrication Industry
- Proficient in 3D modeling software
- Proficient in CNC Programming software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good mechanical skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ethics - Works in an ethical manner and with integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
What's on Offer
- Base salary between $80,000 - $95,000
- Discretionary bonus offered, circa 5%
- 3% Retirement Match
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, dental, vision, S&L) offered through BCBS
- 2-3 weeks PTO and 10 Holidays
- Company discretionary bonus