- Leader for a regional office of a well-known GC
- Stock ownership potential and lucrative base compensation
About Our Client
A design build general contractor averaging $350M in annual revenue with projects spread across multiple sectors and client specialties. They are set to grow to about $450M in the next 5 years. Their specialty is in government, light industrial, multifamily, commercial offices, and education sectors. They have a mid-size St. Louis office that has a strong client base and backlog of work for 2022 and 2023. They are aiming to have a regional leader who will lead the entire St. Louis operation and book of business moving forward. This role will not only play the primary role in St. Louis but will partner with the C-level team and other leaders to coordinate a cohesive vision for the whole company moving forward.
- Demonstrate and inspire an accountability-based culture that aligns with the company's purpose and core values.
- Responsible for the critical strategic planning and leadership in order to maintain the growth that aligns with the company's expectations.
- Oversee the development, mentorship, and education of the office's team members while working closely with other company executives and leadership members.
- Develop, execute, and direct the planned initiatives and projects for the market(s) and expansion into other regions across the U.S.
- Grow, build, and nurture relationships in the targeted business markets with clients and suppliers.
- Create and sustain an effective network of contacts in the targeted business markets through trade, subcontractor, material supplier, industry, and professional organizations.
- Direct the work of the group in the allocation of resources to ensure a high level of organization, cooperation, communication, and accuracy in managing the relationship and operational issues of all projects.
- Utilize tools and relationships to evaluate the best projects to pursue working with the business development team.
- Clearly define and communicate to team members their functions, roles, and expectations.
- Establish meaningful annual goals and quarterly priorities as to advance the department in support of company objectives.
- Document and train various processes and procedures so they can remain replicable and repeatable.
- Provide guidance and direction to the Preconstruction group with the following: assessing project opportunities, reviewing contract terms, reviewing key estimates, etc.
- Responsible for the office's financial results and other key performance indicators.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture, or Business is preferred
- Experience with a construction or development company highly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of construction experience demonstrating progressing responsibilities and three 3 years managing/leading a team
- Deep knowledge of the construction industry with the ability to use that knowledge to coach, mentor, and manage others
- Proven ability to oversee all construction staff and activities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Proven team builder, team leader, team player and mentor
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments
What's on Offer
- Base Salary of $200,000 - $250,000
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Ownership
- Unlimited PTO
- Company events
- Effective onboarding and support
- Established pipeline of clients
- Sabbatical program