MBS Operations Accountant
Looking for an experienced MBS Accountant or Controller to join a top-notch team
Work from home with a well-established bank
About Our Client
A well-known wholesale bank that helps community lenders in around the U.S
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Review selected MBS activities including trade entry into the records of the Bank, confirmations with counterparties, settlements for all active MBS contracts, daily interest accruals, monthly valuation of MBS and preparation of accounting entries to record various aspects of the accounting for the MBS program.
- Independently prepare reporting information for MBS for inclusion in the filing with the SEC on a quarterly basis; prepare MBS information for reporting to the FHFA on a monthly basis and the OF and FHFA on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare daily reconciliations of sub-ledgers to general ledger for all MBS related reporting.
- Conduct special financial analysis as requested by department head.
- Advise ALM Group on meeting compliance with accounting and reporting requirements related to MBS.
- Successful completion of quarterly and year-end financial reports to the SEC on an as needed basis in addition to MBS information.
The Successful Applicant
- Banking experienced preferred
- Experience with Bloomberg for MBS securities.
- Strong PC skills w/ knowledge of managing data.
- Experience with macros and pivot tables.
What's on Offer
- Work from home
- Competetive compensation
- Begin working quickly