- Great Opportunity to Join the Rapidly Growing Renewables Space
- Hybrid Work Schedule Available!
About Our Client
Our Client is an established global industry leader in renewable generation, catering to industry and energy applications.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
You will participate in the product design and development of large-scale hydrogen generators. The large-scale products have recently been introduced to the market with the development of cost reduced and larger scale products under way. This position requires a mechanical engineer with a strong background in mechanical design, complex system assembly and a broad knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals to participate in the design of these systems.
- Develop, design, and select components for liquid and gas system assemblies, including fabrication requirements.
- Prepare and maintain bills of materials, drawings, and documentation for complex hydrogen generators and hydrogen production plants.
- Development of specifications for vendor designed / fabricated hardware with follow-on shop inspections of equipment, including piping, vessels, structures, etc.
- Develop general arrangement layouts of equipment and support site construction design details, equipment handling and installation, etc.
- Collaborate with other departments such as cell stack design, manufacturing/fabrication, and equipment vendors to ensure proper system design integration.
- Design for compliance to various industry standards (US and international)
- Provide system or sub-system technical direction overseeing engineers, vendors or 3rd-party designers for compliance with industry practices and defined specifications. This includes component, sub-system or plant-level design, handling, installation, and testing.
- Support manufacturing partners , as needed, to maintain design configuration, best practices and quality of existing product designs.
- Model or define parameters for analyses for mechanical strength, shipping/installation forces, etc. utilizing commercially available analysis tools.
- Develop and support critical engineering-driven product documentation such as design files, installation, operation and maintenance manuals, hazard evaluations, etc.
- Support the project implementation team, including evaluation of customer requests for site design, construction, installation, and operation feedback
- Mentoring of Junior Mechanical Engineers.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 5-7 years minimum of industry related experience (Hydrogen systems (preferred), large-scale chemical processing, gas and liquid delivery, fluid systems in power plants, or water treatment systems or plants).
- New Product Introduction (NPI) experience preferred
- Commercial products or plant design experience preferred.
- Experience with 3D CAD software including solid modeling (preferably with PTC Creo)
- Experience with finite element analysis (preferably with PTC CREO Simulate); computational flow dynamics (CFD) experience is a plus. Structural or construction design a bonus.
- Familiarity with piping system design standards, materials, and construction methods (ASME, PED, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Experience with conventional manufacturing methods required.
- Experience with large material (including ISO containers) handling, shipping, especially international is a plus.
- Motivated self-starter with high level of initiative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment with high degree of collaboration, especially with 3rd party design contractors and partners
- Experience working with electromechanical devices is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; familiarity with ERP is a plus
- Limited travel could be required to vendor or customer sites
What's on Offer
- Comprehensive health and insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation time