- Great Opportunity to Join the Rapidly Growing Renewables Industry
- Hybrid Work Schedule Available!
About Our Client
Our Client is an industry leader in the hydrogen generation space, offering hydrogen production plants for industry and energy applications, hydrogen fueling stations for the transport sector, and power-to-gas/power-to-power solutions for the renewable industry
You will serve as a key contributor in component design: analysis of mechanical stress and deformation, fluid flow, load distribution, tolerancing, and design for manufacturability, including preparation of detailed documentation and in-depth technical review.
- Develop and design components and assemblies for electrochemical cell stacks, to meet functional requirements while minimizing cost. Order and inspect components for compliance with specifications.
- Perform engineering calculations to support design concepts, including stress analysis for mechanical robustness, CFD for uniform fluid distribution, and tolerance models.
- Use PTC Creo to create detailed drawings, assemblies, and bills of materials.
- Use equipment and hand tools to assemble and test cell stacks and associated systems.Prepare test plans, technical reports, drawings, and assembly processes.
- Perform research and testing to extend electrochemical cell stack functionality, identify novel approaches for cost reduction or increased reliability, and find new applications for existing technology elements.
- Collaborate with manufacturing team to design for manufacturability and volume production considerations, develop inspection criteria, and evaluate component suppliers.
- Support manufacturing team to disposition non-conforming product and assist technical service group with troubleshooting field returns.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's or Master's in Mechanical Engineering equivalent.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 5-10 years of industry related experience (fuel cells, fluidics, gas separation, flow batteries, piping systems, pressure vessels).
- 5 plus years of experience designing and analyzing precision components for complex assemblies.
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment with high degree of collaboration.
- Design of pressure containment devices or sealing systems or precision components.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes including molding, machining, forming, and joining methods.
- Work experience supporting manufacturing operations.
- Supplier interaction and evaluation.
- Working familiarity with safe work practices and hazard analysis.
Preferred skills and abilities
- Experience with 3D CAD (PTC CREO strongly preferred). SolidWorks experience is also acceptable.
- Experience with FEA (PTC Simulate or ANSYS preferred)
What's on Offer
- Role is Bonus Eligible!
- Hybrid Role!
- Comprehensive health and insurance benefits
- Paid Vacation time
- 401k with Company Match (available to enroll on first day)