Mechanical Engineer, Automation
Join an industry leader supporting the medical device and aerospace markets
Seeking Engineer with materials science background
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnering with a global leader in materials science.
The Automation Engineer will have responsibility for developing automation and fixturing platforms for efficient continuous production of advanced ceramic and composite materials. The Manufacturing Engineer is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, high-technology team, supporting the medical and aerospace industries.
- Achieve success goals including: safety, quality, delivery/lead-time, cost/inventory management
- Establishes operating equipment specifications, improves manufacturing techniques and introduces new process equipment to production
- Lead projects in the design, development, system integration and qualification of automated processes, equipment, and systems; including project management and working with internal staff and outside vendors
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures
- Conducts PFMEAs on manufacturing processes, methods, equipment, and controls.
- Provide engineering support, assisting and liaising with the Design and Quality departments
- Drive an increase in manufacturing efficiency through analysis of workflow, processes, tooling and equipment
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of manufacturing engineering experience working to develop and implement automated manufacturing processes
- A collaborative mindset, a flexible and friendly approach to working in teams
- Must possess good communication and organizational skills
- Must possess computer literacy - MS Office and other applications
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks
- Basic understanding of quality management systems in an ISO 9001/AS 9100 is required
- Knowledge of Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Due to ITAR regulations employee must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
What's on Offer
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with current salary and experience.
The client is an equal opportunity employer.