Mechanical Engineer - Chicago Construction
Join a nationally ranked design build firm!
Great opportunity for career growth - quick path to Senior Mechanical Engineer
About Our Client
Our client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will have experience designing mechanical and/or full spectrum MEP systems for data centers. This individual will be offered a high base salary, consistent bonuses, full benefits, 4 weeks PTO, tuition reimbursement and more. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to take on a new challenge and become a leader within one of the top design build firms in the nation.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer:
- Perform and direct complex design of HVAC Systems including mechanical rooms, cleanrooms, controls, ductwork, piping systems for large scale buildings.
- Oversee, guide, mentor and provide technical leadership to project management and design teams.
- Review construction drawings and specifications for HVAC systems from schematic through the construction document phases.
- Manage internal and/or external production staff and provide direction to them for preparation of construction documents.
- Advise clients regarding mechanical systems/requirements available to meet their specific project needs and comply with safety codes.
- Review and accept selective shop drawings for compliance of specifications and contract documents.
- Interface effectively with clients and members of the project team and participate in meetings with Owners, Architects, Construction Managers and subcontractors.
- Conduct staff development activities including work planning, budget development, scheduling in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Assist Project Managers with day to day management of project execution, deliverables, quality, schedule, contracts, subcontracts, proposals, and client interface.
- Lead or participate in commissioning or retro-commissioning activities.
- Represents company in project activities; directs activities of project team members; represents company in business development and marketing activities
The Successful Applicant
The successful Mechanical Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- 5+ years of related mechanical design experience required, previous design/build experience preferred
- Registered Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) license OR EIT designation with desire to obtain PE required
- AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), 3D Rendering Programs, and Microsoft Professional Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Data center, healthcare/life sciences, or food & beverage manufacturing experience strongly preferred
What's on Offer
What is on offer for the Mechanical Engineer:
- Industry-leading performance-based bonus program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Tuition reimbursement for associates
- Scholarship for associates' children up to $28,000 per child
- 1-month paid sabbatical after every five years of employment, plus $5,000 for travel
- 1-week paid volunteer leave each year
- 100% charitable match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 100% paid 10-week maternity leave