- Exceptional pay up to 150K based on project experience
- 100+ year track record of success across commercial and industrial markets
About Our Client
Our client has a 100+ year track record of success across commercial and industrial construction/facilities maintaince markets. They are still a privately held company with an emphasis on fostering a culture of success and progression for their employees. If you an an individual that brings passion, commitment, experience, and integrity to the job site this is the company/opportunity for you! Apply now for immediete consideration for this MEP Construction Superintendent position.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsiblities of the MEP Construction Superintendent are:
- Review and approve all MEP and Commissioning schedules
- Define and execute MEP subcontracting strategies including development of Scopes of Work for MEP bid packages and equipment
- Negotiate pricing and change orders with contractors and equipment manufacturers
- Perform MEP constructability (Review of P&ID's) and coordination reviews of contract documents for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, process, and fire protection systems
- Provide guidance and approve the MEP Contractors schedule of values and invoices
- Ensure timely and proper execution of the MEP Coordination Process (BIM)
- Create project specific MEP quality plan (plant and process utilities) and verify its proper execution
- Perform site inspections for MEP compliance with contract documents
- Establish and implement controls to identify and correct negative trends affecting completion of the work in accordance with schedule, quality and safety expectations
- Ensure execution of MEP scopes of work in accordance with owner commissioning schedule
- Ensure timely completion of all IQ documents to support Owner OQ and PQ activities
The Successful Applicant
The successful MEP Construction Superintendent candidate will have:
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 15 years related field experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years in a supervisory role on a $100+ million construction project
- cGMP project experience preferred, especially process utilities
- Communicate Effectively - Listen to understand and clearly convey information in all forms based on the audience to ensure shared meaning of the message
- Act Inclusively - Ensure that actions and behaviors are respectful; show empathy and treat others with dignity. Leverage capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse perspectives, abilities and motivation.
- Solve Problems - Identify, prioritize and implement alternatives for a solution.
- Demonstrate Agility/ Adaptability - Maintain effectiveness and adjust to change by exploring the rationale, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Create an atmosphere of open-mindedness to change.
- Drive for Results - Show passion and commitment while delivering on business outcomes. Create a sense of individual ownership and accountability.
- Champion Innovation - Identify opportunities for new and improved ways of doing things that result in value added, unique and differentiated solutions.
What's on Offer
On offer for an MEP Construction Superintendent candidate is:
- A competitive base salary ranging from $100,000 - $150,000+ dependent on candidate experience
- Bonus potential ranging from 10% - 30% dependent on profitablility
- A company vehicle or car allowance
- Employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- 4 Weeks PTO + 9 Sick Days + 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company 401k Match
- Opportunity to grow your career with a top construction firm