MEP - Superintendent
Working for a reputable general contractor here in Houston
Pipeline of Houston based Commercial Projects
About Our Client
- Established in 1946, we have developed into one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Serves as a leader on projects and provides technical expertise to partners in order to adhere to all construction processes designed to complete projects safely and with a high standard of quality.
- Manages, coaches, and develops direct reports that may include 25 or more Partners.
- You will assist with developing assignments, timetables and responsibilities for team members for the duration of the project.
- Establishes and adjusts work sequences to meet construction schedules utilizing knowledge of tools/equipment capacities and assigned personnel.
- Confirms earned value of work and accuracy of Forecasted Percent Completions.
- Inspects work in progress and completed work periodically to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Performs all required safety observations and eliminates construction and job site hazards as they are recognized to reduce safety incidents and their severity.
- Understands and practices Quality/LEAN principles (pull planning, six-week look ahead, value mapping, constraint logs, etc.).
- Identifies and develops policies and procedures for continuous improvement.
- Understands project budgets and can estimate hours required to meet the needs of the construction schedule.
- Read and interpret blueprints, coordination of BIM drawings, submittals, specifications, details and job orders.
- Monitors schedules to ensure they match project schedules and provides material takeoff, estimates and pricings for changes to work scope.
- Assists in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, required resources etc.) and advises senior level supervision and project management of potential work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.
- Coordinates job site activity with other subcontractors, trades and vendors. Maintains liaison with other departments, (i.e., Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering, etc.) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule.
- Identifies conflicts or the need for clarification in contract documents. Conducts pre-job and continued planning meetings to ensure all project team members understand contract terms and conditions, clauses, schedules or any unusual requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 5-7 years of MEP experience with a Mechanical contractor. (Mechanical or Plumbing)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Healthcare and k-12 education construction experience is a plus.
- Experience with projects ranging from $2M - $30M
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary and benefits
- Bonus structure
- Truck Allowance