- Do you possess a fresh perspective and metallurgical knowledge?
- 20 different alloys systems used in products across medical and aerospace
About Our Client
The client is a global design and manufacturing services provider for the medical device industry, specializing in surgical technologies, orthopedics, cardiac & interventional, bioelectronics, drug delivery, and diagnostics & patient care.
- Plans and organizes the implementation and measurement of activities associated with metallurgical research evaluation and support of metallurgical laboratory services.
- Responsible for the evaluation and remediation of concerns and problems of a metallurgical and material nature.
- Provides and updates material specifications including raw material. Establishes acceptance criteria.
- Provides technical support to Sales, Engineering, Operations, and customers as requested or needed.
- Develops and implements innovative solutions that support business goals.
- Defines and recommends changes in or additions to equipment and/or facilities to promote improved metallurgical processing.
- Supervises metallurgical technician daily activities.
- Defines and implements non-destructive measurement techniques and trains personnel to assure proper, efficient evaluation of product quality.
- Performs metallurgical analysis using external suppliers and internal equipment including SEM and EDS analysis. Communicates results in clearly written reports.
- Determines root cause of customer and internal component failures of a metallurgical nature. Provides recommendations for rework and corrective actions.
- Manages yearly special process validations including initiation of validation, testing of samples, remediation of failures, and documenting results.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Master's Degree in Metallurgy or Materials Science or demonstrated metallurgical knowledge.
- Experience in the supervision of a technical department such as Engineering, Research and Development, or Metallurgical Laboratory.
- Experience in failure analysis, corrosion, alloy selection, thermodynamics, and engineering materials (i.e. polymers, ceramics, and metallic composites).
- Knowledge in the following areas:
- Physical and mechanical metallurgy processes.
- Mechanical testing and metallographic methods.
- SEM/EDS equipment and procedures.
- Lubrication theory and practice.
- Heat treating of metals.
- Must have demonstrated capability to effectively communicate (written and oral) and work with personnel of various disciplines and backgrounds
What's on Offer
Innovation: Our success is the result of decades of innovation. Along with our Engineering team, the Metallurgical Laboratory Supervisor will apply their knowledge and experience to develop new alloys, investigate new test methods, refine existing products/processes, and investigate product failures using our Scanning Electron Microscope and supporting lab equipment. This effort supports processes that deliver world-class quality and capability for metal tubes across a variety of alloys and industries.
Growth: As a Supervisor, you will be exposed to all aspects of the business and this puts you in the unique position to influence the business. As a result, success in this role leads to future growth into Engineering and Quality leadership roles.
Vision: Our Team embodies our values every day in their dedication to the critical support and expertise we provide our customers and the patients they serve. Together, we're in it for life