Growth in Career
Back into the workforce immediately
About Our Client
Well known American Financial Institution.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Render approval/decline decisions on incoming applications consistent with internal, investor and insurer policies.
- Analyze employment profile, credit strength, property characteristics, and all other information pertinent to the credit decision process on each mortgage application.
- Apply internal and investors guidelines along with insurer guidelines to the credit decision process, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Able to manually underwrite loans and negotiate loan terms (where applicable), i.e. not reliant on automated underwriting to make a sound credit decision.
- Effectively communicate underwriting decisions with processors and loan officers.
- Select required conditions on each deal to be satisfied by the borrower prior to funding.
- Using Encompass to input selected conditions, credit information, property details, and any other pertinent information applicable to decision the file.
- Verify supporting documentation for each application; review documentation for compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines.
- Knowledge and understanding of all compliance rules and regulations, including "Know Before You Owe" (TRID) and all disclosure timelines.
- Responsible for underwriting mortgage files onsite and/or remotely.
- Perform other duties as directed.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience underwriting and evaluation of 1-4 family housing loans
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and other investor's lending programs, MI guidelines and Strong knowledge of all current secondary market guidelines
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Encompass and residential is a MUST
What's on Offer
- Remote Role
- Competitive salary