Multifamily Construction Junior Estimator
About Our Client
This Burlington-based multifamily General Contractor was established over 15 years ago and has developed a very strong reputation in the area. They strongly believe in valuing and advancing their employees' careers, forming positive relationships within the community, and promoting safe, well-built projects. They primarily focus in the multifamily construction sector, including hotels, apartments, dormitories, and senior living facilities. If you are looking to work on sizeable multifamily projects at a company with a positive company culture and terrific work/life balance, please apply today!
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This position is responsible for developing cost estimates, development and construction schedules ranging from order-of-magnitude level to detailed working cost estimates, based on the latest available costing methodology and data, and presenting the results in a work breakdown format suitable for use by the Client, Project Manager, and project team.
- Prepare development and construction capital cost estimates based on the latest data available, as appropriate to the current phase of the project.
- Prepare production operating cost estimates based on the latest data available, as appropriate to the current phase of the project.
- Prepare development and construction schedules based on the latest data available, as appropriate to the current phase of the project.
- Assist Project Managers and project team in developing work breakdown structures
- Assist Project Managers in decisions on development and/or construction approaches or methods based on information available.
- Prepare project phase expenditure schedules.
- Participate in project economic evaluations.
- Assist in other areas required to deliver a quality product on schedule and on budget.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Sciences, Drafting, Civil Engineering or related field
- Abilty to read architectural and civil plans in regards to navigating between layouts and elevations, comprehending scope, interpreting required materials and quantities, and scaling for distances and measurements.
- Ability to discern use of area and volume formulas, scale factors and ratios, taxes, percent changes and unit conversion rates.
- Familiar understanding of construction processes, material types and common jargon.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel to build and/or edit spreadsheets using formulas and prepare proposals and change orders.
- Ability to multi-task active project requests and meet strict deadlines for upcoming bid dates.
- Ability to request, manage and secure bid pricing from sub-contractors, suppliers and vendors.
- Ability to communicate with field team members the nuances of plan information and estimated values within a project scope.
- Ability to compile a complete labor, materials and sub-contract estimate necessary on a new project.
What's on Offer
· Generous base salary
· Opportunity for company bonuses
· Excellent benefits, including healthcare and dental insurance
· Paid Time Off
· 401k company match
· Opportunity to lead a Preconstruction Team