- Opportunity to get join a top Developer/Builder of Multifamily new builds
- Leave your mark on Indianapolis' skyline by managing large scale construction
About Our Client
My client is an Indianapolis leader in the development and construction of apartments, senior assisted living, dormitories, condos, mixed-use projects and other veins of multifamily dwellings.
Their dedication to providing a superior building experience has kept their project pipeline full of repeat business for years to come. This growth is why they are looking to add a Mutlifamily Construction Project Manager to the team.
The key responsibilities of the Multifamily Project Manager are:
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Read specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Coordinate work activities with other construction project activities.
- Estimate material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Order or requisition materials or supplies.
- Train workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Locate, measure, and mark site locations or placement of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems or to coordinate activities.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Provide assistance to workers engaged in construction or extraction activities, using hand tools or other equipment.
- Record information, such as personnel, production, or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Multifamily Project Manager will have:
- Experience working on $1M-$15M projects
- 5+ years project management experience a must
- 2+ years experience leading as lead Project Manager a plus
- Previous management/leadership experience a must
- Previous southeast Michigan construction experience and knowledge of subcontractor base a plus
- Multifamily experience is preferred but will look at candidates with various commercial general contracting backgrounds as well
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture or related field
- Knowledge of a variety of construction field concepts, practices, and procedures.
- General understanding of construction-related documents.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented; ability to manage conflicting priorities and to adjust priorities daily
What's on Offer
What's on OfferOn offer for the Multifamily Project Manager:
- Competitive Base Salary $80K-$110K dependent on applicant experience
- Fully Employer paid health, vision, dental insurance
- Employer 401k match of 8%
- Car allowance or company vehicle
- Paid paternity/maternity leave
- Tight-knit company with a great family attitude
- Consistent and stable pipeline of projects
- Growth Opportunity within the company