- Backlog of projects awarded
- Great Work Life Culture
About Our Client
My client, is a Multifamily General Contractor based in Orange County. It was created to help the growing demand for multi-family apartments and for over 30 years has excelled in multi-family and residential construction.
They have moved into the tax credit affordable market in the 90s and has built over 15,000 affordable and market rate multi-family apartments. They are looking to continue their growth with 4 upcoming projects in Los Angeles and 2 in Orange County.
- Prepare and maintain project schedule and budgets, communicating changes to project personnel as needed
- Review, approve, and process draw requests and payments to suppliers and subcontractors
- Work with owner in transitioning the project from construction to residential operations.
- Address all project completion and warranty issues and prepare final close-out documentation
- Establish and maintain working professional relationships with the project design team, company field and office personnel, subcontractors, and vendors
- Lead the preparation of construction documents
- Administer contracts with owner, subcontractors and vendors
- Manage value engineering efforts
- Prepare and process all paperwork and documents to owner, project design team and subcontractors in a timely and complete manner
- Ensure compliance with construction permits
- Manage budget and financial reporting
- Interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget.
- Manage the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management (strongly preferred)
- Experience managing multifamily projects
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, estimating, budgeting, scheduling and safety practices
- Knowledge of project management software such as Bluebeam, Microsoft Projects, Primavera, Procore.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be local in Los Angeles, not interested in relocation assistance at this time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good math/accounting skills.
- Strong ability to read drawings and specifications.
- Functions effectively as part of a team. Passion for leading teams and mentoring a PLUS
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Delegates work appropriately.
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus structure
- Cell phone and laptop
- Paid time off/personal days/sick days
- Excellent benefits - health, medical, vision, dental
- 401k plan with employer match