- Alabama-Based GC actively seeking a statewide traveling superintendent
- A reputable company that has potential for greater leadership opportunities
About Our Client
This company is a developer/general contractor in Alabama with construction projects throughout the state.. As a strong, well-established company, their commitment to employee success is excellent. They are looking for a strong Multifamily Superintendent to grow and develop with their resources and expertise.
- Manage day-to-day construction field activities to ensure that project milestone dates and overall schedule completion dates are met.
- Travel throughout the state.
- Review blueprints, customer needs and contractor submissions in order to execute appropriate bids.
- Lead team with construction project planning and developing site logistics.
- Monitor subcontractors to ensure quality workmanship and safety guidelines are met.
- Utilize good time management to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Keep daily and weekly work logs.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Work directly with investors at times and maintain a professional and client facing attitude.
- Ensure proper signage is posted on the construction job site, and safety requirements are met.
- Review bids for work, as well as supervising the inspection of work.
- Schedule inspections as needed along the jobs site.
- Maintain as strong a relationship as possible with local municipalities for potential future business.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Multifamily Superintendent will have:
- 5+ year's experience in large scale multifamily ground up construction (Luxury retail construction experience a plus)
- Complete understanding of the construction process
- Must be proficient in reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors and clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Willing to take on multiple responsibilities and complete a variety of tasks to complete projects on time
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Individual performance bonus.
- Company performance bonus.
- Health insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Life & disability insurance.
- Travel per-diem package.
- Travel stipend in addition to per diem.
- 100% coverage on lodging/hotels and logistics.
- Vehicle allowance.
- 15 days PTO, + more company sick days.
- Quick yet effective onboarding and training program, you will NOT be micromanaged.