- Large manufacturer with significant presence in the medical device space
- Competitive compensation package includes 12% bonus
About Our Client
Our client is a well known manufacturer in the medical space specializing in oral hygiene and dental equipment. They have a large facility in Schaumburg and offer a great benefits package in addition to competitive compensation.
- Manage large-scale new product development projects. Primary tasks include:
- Coordination with TNPD Commercialization to define product/project objectives
- Work closely with TNPD R&D to track development of new technologies affecting projects or product regulatory requirements
- Participation in development of project business plans
- Timely implementation of products according to Marketing launch plans
- Coordination of and communication to multiple markets
- Make project decisions based on defined scope and timelines
- Provide weekly updates to Senior Management.
- Work closely with outside design firms to develop designs that meet product requirements.
- Design and develop product and packaging that meet the business objectives.
- Develop and implement project timelines.
- Direct product and package development with Suppliers of components and contract fillers, including direct interface with suppliers of numerous packaging materials and product types.
- Travel to supplier's sites globally to oversee project start-ups.
- Direct product and package component qualification from specification approval, and the protocol drafting through to the initiation of component testing and interpretation of results.
- Utilize CAD and other software programs to create timely, complete and accurate specifications.
- Utilize solid modeling software to develop product designs.
- Utilize the Shop Floor Control system to create and input Bill of Materials.
- Develop inventory strategy for new projects.
- Maintain knowledge of industry advances by planning and attending supplier presentations, plant visits, seminars.
- Coordinate the development of packaging and graphic design with the Creative Services and Marketing departments.
- Advise the Marketing and Creative Services departments on technical and operational cost impact issues.
- Interface with the cost accounting department and purchasing department to verify cost accuracy for new and revised products, and for packaging and process changes.
- Support the environmental management system (EMS) by serving as a member of the EMS Cross Functional Team (CFT) when assigned to by management.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience managing projects for new product development
- Background in mechanical/design engineering
- 5+ years professional engineering experience
- Familiarity with FDA regualtions
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Familiar with FMEA's
- Proficient with solidworks or other 3D CAD software
- PMP certification strongly desired
What's on Offer
- Base salary $105k+ depending on level of experience
- 12% bonus target based on individual and company performance
- 2 weeks PT0 + 2 floating holidays
- 6 days sick time accumulated each year
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health package