- Stable company even throughout Covid-19
- Industry leading Benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a privately held manufacturer that has been in business for 20 years. They design and develop products in the USA and focus exclusively on consumer goods. They serve a variety of industries with their products being front and center in DIY stores like Home Depot and Lowes. They seek a Vice President of Engineering that will oversee all engineering related activities and report to the President of organization.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Manage, development and drive the engineering team through entire product life cycle
- Plan, budget and schedule within the department to meet all project deadlines
- Evaluate and approve designs/drawings to ensure quality, accuracy and completeness of engineering drawing
- Work cross functionally with other teams and groups - engineers, manufacturing, operations, procurement, etc.
- Evaluate and consistently look to improve the engineering development processes and procedures
- Work with the management team to find specific goals to support business with new product development.
- Take charge for planning, budgeting, and scheduling to meet project time-lines and commitments.
- Approve designs/drawings and ensure the quality, accuracy, and completeness of engineering drawings before released to manufacturer.
- Ensure products meet engineering principles, practices, regulatory, and customer requirements.
- Oversee Quality Assurance efforts.
- Develop and implement continuous/process improvement strategies.
- Travel 10-20% between domestic and international
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field required
- 10 years of experience within engineering, preferably in consumer goods
- Must have 3 years or more management experience leading a team of engineers
- Experience and knowledge of plastic and metal parts manufacturing processes and techniques
- Ability to understand and identify key market trends, with strategic market development experience
- Hands on experience with cross functional teams internally and working with key suppliers
- Exceptional presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with methods and tools for calibration and components
- Proven track record of managing time lines and long/short term assignments
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary, between 130k and 140k
- High annual bonus that averages 15%
- Full benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, ST & LT disability - 100% covered for employee
- 401k match of 10%
- 15+ days of PTO + 10 paid holidays